Featured Post

This is a Peace Poem

dwelling in the canyon of red sand stone we marked our houses with characters befitting our desires  if we were sad  w...

Friday, September 2, 2011

Soul Songs Part I

Weeds are only wild flowers


I'm writing this because 
Sometimes I think you need to know
That although I love you 
When you are strong
I also love you when you are vulnerable


And even though sometimes it seems
I hold you in too high of esteem
And the pedestal you think 
I've placed you on
Feels shaky and made of clay
Know that I love you for all you are
Not just the parts you think I see


I love you when you are silent
Yet I love your voice
I like that you are funny too  
But even when you are serious
I still love you


I love it when you sing to me 
And let me sing along 
But even if we had no voice 
Or ears to hear
I would still love your song


pattra burnetto monroe august 2011
Photography: Reba Owens 2017

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pinning this to my "You and Me" board Pattra <3 Beautifully written :) xoxox

uncleben said...

Nice Pattra.

Unknown said...

Unconditional <3

Unknown said...

Unconditional <3