Featured Post

This is a Peace Poem

dwelling in the canyon of red sand stone we marked our houses with characters befitting our desires  if we were sad  w...

Friday, April 15, 2016

In a Shell










There is an ocean
In my left ear
It swishes round
Like the heartbeat
In an ultrasound

I won't write the
Sound here
It is enough that
It is my constant
Companion

You do not want
It stuck in your
head like a song
You cannot forget
But wish you could

It is enough
That sometimes
It drives me crazy
And occasionally
Like now
I can love it

Pattra Burnetto Monroe April 2016

1 comment:

A note from Pattra said...

Recently, The doctor looked in my ear, my left ear and exclaimed, " it looks like there's a hole in your eardrum!" So later that day I Googled it and it's nice to know that holes in your eardrums can repair themselves. Just getting older is very interesting. As are the times we're living in. I'm locked out of Facebook so now I'm talking to myself on my poetry blog. It seems the more my outer World contracts; the more my inner World expands. When I'm not feeling anxious, I'm usually laughing at the irony of it all.